Why?

Ramblings in Rapid-Prototyping, Physical Computing and random creativity, featuring Arduino, Raspberry Pi and related technologies. Most of these projects are done for fun, on short sprints and near-zero budget, and they frequently share a remarkable lack of refinement.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

poV.R.ty

I ordered a pair of 45mm lenses from ebay for $2 and made a holder for them from an old box.

I already had used the Cardboard App on my phone just crossing my eyes (I got quite good at it in the 90's, when autostereograms were popular), but wanted to see if the lenses made the experience more immersive by stretching the field of vision. It turned out it does, although these lenses are not bi-convex as recommended, so the results are less than optimal. Also, the pixels in the screen become very noticeable (the screen in my phone has only average resolution and is badly cracked), so I didn't bother building the rest of the headset. 

Still, had fun playing with this.

poVRty: Probably the crudest Cardboard setup yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment